Makes 6-8 servings
1 lb. of raw chicken cut into thin slices or chunks
1-2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
1-2 tsp. of sesame oil
1-2 tsp. canola oil
1/2 Tbsp. crushed red peppers (can omit, this is spicy)
1 red and 1 yellow peppers, sliced
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1 cup sugar-snap peas
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 blocks of Millet-brown rice ramen noodles or whole wheat spaghetti or linguine noodles
- Place 3 cups water in a quart size bowl over medium-high heat.
- Heat Canola oil in a separate non-stick pan medium size pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until still slightly pink in the middle. Take out of pan and set aside on a plate and cover with foil.
- Peel and mince ginger, peel and mince garlic.
- Place sesame oil into the same pan, heat over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes, do not over-cook. Add veggies and sauté for 4-6 minutes to your likeness.
- While veggies are cooking, cook ramen noodles in boiling water as directed on package. Drain and cut with kitchen shears.
- Add chicken back into the veggies mixture; add soy sauce, crushed red peppers, and chicken broth.
- Add cooked noodles, cook for 1-2 more minutes, and then serve warm. If too thin, add cornstarch as directed to thicken.
*This recipe can be made with any meat/tofu, veggies or type of noodles that you choose.