Cinnamon-Chai Quinoa Oat bars
Makes 16 servings
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- 2 – 3 tsp chai spice, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup smart balance butter, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup cinnamon apple sauce
- ⅓ cup almond milk or regular milk
- ½ cup mix ins of choice (e.g. shredded coconut, chocolate chips, nuts, seeds etc.)
- Cook quinoa in water as directed on package, around 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper or grease pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the mix-ins. Add mix-ins last.
- Pour into baking pan, bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are brown. Cool for 5 minutes and then move to wire rack. Cut into 16 pieces after cooled using a large knife.
- Store in an air tight container for 1 week.