Slow Cooker Chicken & Sweet Potato Chili
Makes 8-12 servings
2 lbs ground Chicken, browned
½ cup onion, chopped
3 tbsp, plus 2 tsp chili powder, divided
2 (28 oz) cans diced fire-roasted tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
4 (oz) can green chiles, diced
¼ cup instant tapioca
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional, eliminate if sensitive to spicy)
1 medium sweet potato (about 10 oz), peeled and shredded
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
Salt and black pepper, optional
- Brown ground chicken with onion and 3 tbsp chili powder. Place in slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, tapioca, soy sauce, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, sweet potato, diced green chiles, kidney beans and chick peas. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the remaining 2 tsp of chili powder. Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Top with cheese, green onions and serve with crackers. Enjoy!