Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Quinoa Recipe
- 1 Cup Quinoa. uncooked
- 1 Cup Frozen corn kernels
- 1 Cup Red Bell pepper, chopped
- ½ Cup Onion, diced
- 2 Tsp Garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- ½ Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Cup Hickory BBQ sauce + additional for drizzling
- ¼ tsp Salt Pepper
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Chicken Broth
- ½ tsp Hickory Liquid smoke
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ Lb Chicken breast
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Green onion, for garnish
- Grated Cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients up to the black beans in the bottom of your crock pot and stir together until well mixed.
- Nestle the chicken breasts into the mixture, so that the liquid covers them. Cook on HIGH heat for 2-3 hours, or until the broth is absorbed and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred with two forks. Place the shredded chicken pack into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Garnish with remaining BBQ sauce, cilantro, green onions and cheddar cheese.
- Recipe adapted from, http://www.wholeyum.com/crock-pot-bbq-chicken-quinoa-recipe/