Tuna Noodle Casserole
Makes 6 servings
2 cans albacore tuna packed in water
½ of a large (12oz.) package of Ronzoni brand smart taste extra wide spiral noodles or whole wheat spiral noodles
1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
¼ cup diced onion
4 oz. can of mushrooms (optional)
1 can of Campbell’s healthy request cheddar cheese soup
½ cup light sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1-2 tsp. yellow mustard
1-2 cups of 1% milk
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of oyster soup crackers
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F degrees.
- Spray 8 x 8 glass pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and add onion when adding noodles to boiling water, this allows the noodles to cook so they are not crunchy when the casserole is finished.
- Place frozen peas and carrots in the bottom of a strainer. Poor hot water and noodles over the frozen vegetables to drain, this will start cooking the frozen vegetables.
- Place noodles, peas and carrots back into pot that the noodles were boiled in.
- Drain water from tuna, add to the noodle mixture.
- Add soup, sour cream, mushrooms, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir on low heat until all well mixed; add milk while stirring until mixture is very moist, but not quite a soup consistency.
- Pour into the 8 x 8 pan, and then top with cheese and oyster crackers.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly and crackers are golden brown.